First, a Big Mahalo to PJ, Bozo, Trish, Harald, the Huffer, and Mike for a job well done last week on Aihualama Trail! You all did a great job out there!!
We have one last work day scheduled before HURT VII - would appreciate those of you who can make some time to come out and help. Here are the particulars:
1. Date: Saturday, 2 December 2006 - this will be a good upper body workout before the marathon!
2. Time: 0800 - that's 8AM for the Army types...
3. Meet: In Manoa - residential area just below the road leading in to Paradise Park. Look for my red truck.
4. Bring: Water, lunch, bugspray (nasty skeeters), sunscreen, gloves, and hat.
5. Tools: I will pick up tools at DLNR Baseyard Friday and return. Tools will be delivered to parking area where we will meet.
6. Scope of work: After distribution of tools, we will hike up to Aihualama via the service trail (aka "Predator"). The day's plan will be to:
a. Continue widening and grading of trail section that Harald and Trish were working on, plus work on other similar sections.
b. If we have enough horsepower, I hope to attack at least one of the heavily eroded switchbacks. We will dig and place buttress rocks (as we did on Manoa
Cliffs trail) and install rock swales to divert rainwater off the main trail.
Please pass this message on to anyone you think may be interested in coming out to help. My apologies if I have inadvertently left someone off this email.
Would appreciate your reply by early evening Thursday, 30 November 2006. I need a definite headcount to figure out what tools to pick up Friday morning.
Don't hesitate to call or email if you have questions.