Boy, just when you thought it was safe to go outside.........
Cruella da Pig (Yikes!!!)
Cruella is a grouchy, smelly, and not-particularly-attractive relative of the devious duo who had plans of her own for the innocent runners on the Maunawili trail. Word on the streets is that her plot included something devious with H1N1 (Cruella’s sister’s cousin says that Cruella is still mad about the name Swine Flu).
Cruella just about lost it when she saw this sign:
She became infuriated that pigs have become the scapegoat (or pig, in this case) for a little influenza virus. She wanted to take out her fury on anyone and everyone, particularly anybody that messed with her family. So, when Super Pig (aka mild-mannered Don) told me that he wanted to mediate this dispute, I was worried.
Nonetheless, my faith in Super Pig is strong, and I gave him my blessing and some antibacterial hand sanitizer before he left to search out Cruella da Pig. Into the Super Pig garage he ran, and next thing I knew, he emerged in the Super Pig mobile, embarking on his mission of peace.
I don’t know the details, nor do I really want to know, but the outcome of their meeting was nothing less than miraculous. Now there is love and harmony in the hills and valleys of Maunawili. Once again, Super Pig saved the day and the Maunawili Out and Back will be enjoyed by many. In honor of this historic treaty, kiss a pig today!
· Show-up and Sign-up - entry fee is $10 each
· Starts at the Pali Lookout at 7:00 a.m.
· Arrive at the start no later than 6:30 (our supreme parking tsar will direct you to park on the road leading up to the parking lot - no bathrooms are available)
· 22-mile trail (out and back) through beautiful forest in and out of valleys
· Can be done as a 2-person relay (both team members need to check in at the lookout)
· Relay hand-off point is the Waimanalo end of the trail (recommend handing off car keys at that point)
· Carrying fluids is mandatory - 40 ounces minimum
· Please be diligent about leaving no trace out there - absolutely no littering!
· The race start is staggered, based on gender and age
· For additional information, call Marian at 221-5171 or email email@example.com