When: Saturday, August 5 at starting at 6:00 a.m.
Where: Koolau Golf Course (see map)
- Parking – Parking will be very tight. Please see Download Parking map showing our designated parking area. If possible, share a ride to minimize the number of parking spaces needed. Only those who are doing the full out-n-back and leaving their vehicle for the entire race can park in the designated area. Relay teams (and those not leaving a vehicle for the duration) should park temporarily in the lower parking lot. There will be Parking Czars to direct you – please follow their guidance and pull into the inner-most parking stall as closely as practical.
- Check-In – ALL runners must check in at the start / finish (that means both relay members). The gate to the golf course should be open by 5:30. There is an outside chance it will be earlier than that, but no guarantees.
- Start – The race will start at 6:00. All runners must be finished by 2:00 pm. If completing the 22 miles in 8 hours is not possible, there is an early start option. However; in order to start early, you must contact Marian (808-221-5171) in advance, carry lights with you, and have familiarity with the course (or be with someone that does). There will be a turn-around cut-off: runners must be out of the turn-around aid station by 10:00 am in order to continue on the course.
- Relays – Both members of the team must be at the start / finish in the morning to check in and be numbered. The second runner should proceed to the turn-around aid station in Waimanalo (see map) on Waikupanaha Street. When your runner arrives, hand off the car keys and the first runner can return to the finish.
- Time cut-offs – Runners must finish in 8 hours and be out of the aid station by 10:00 a.m.
- Golf Course – We have port-a-potties for your use. Do NOT go into the golf course for any reason. Bring your own water to wash up after the run. No alcohol consumption is allowed.
- Fluids – You must carry enough water for 11 HOT miles. Sixty ounces minimum is recommended. You must bring your own electrolytes and calories to endure the distance.
- Trail Etiquette – Yield to hikers, equestrians, and other runners. Do not leave the established trail. The pink ribbons will mark the route at both ends of the course. Blue ribbon means BAD; do not go where there is blue. If you drop out of the run, you must notify a race director (Neal (554-5848 or Marian 221-5171). Take care of each other out there!
- Pau Hana – Please plan to stay and enjoy some food after the run.